Prediction “Secret Life of Walter Mitty”

The text of the story “Secret Life Of Walter Mitty” written by James Thurber is about Walter Mitty life. I think his life is very lonely, and sad. He doesn’t have a single friend, and his family is not there to support him. The evidence is that in the article Peanuts, Snoopy say that his master wanted friends, but he died friendless. His best friend is daydreaming. Walter Mitty daydream a lot, but everything is just dream. In the article Snoopy say that Walter Mitty daydream to be rich, he wanted to be loved, he wanted applause, he wanted fame,… but he died unloved, he received boos, and he can only find tears. Walter Mitty have to face a really tough reality in his life. At the end I think there will be someone came to his life and change everything, help Walter Mitty out of the loneliness. In the song “Daydream believer” from Monkees there is a person that always cheer up for them. “Cheer up, sleepy jean.” I think this quote will relate too Walter Mitty at the ends. Someone will come to his life and help him.

3 comments on “Prediction “Secret Life of Walter Mitty”Add yours →

1. I like how you used actual lyrics from a song Hieu…;) It kind of makes the sentence easier to understand with the lyrics almost everyone knows!

2. I like your prediction of someone cheering up for Walter Mitty at the end. It would be really cool if that happened! =)

3. I like your story so much Hieu, you describe everything in details. You use lots of ideas from the Peanuts story to connects together with Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, it’s great. That all Hieu. I Like It